Garden of the gods is one of my favorite locations for photo sessions in the Colorado Springs area. It is popular with both my local clients and my out of town clients. One of the best parts of living in popular tourist town is getting to photograph clients from all over the country. Garden of the Gods can be a crowded tourist destination but if you know the right spots it can be a truly magical place for a photo session.
Not only do the red rocks photograph beautifully, but Garden of the Gods has some of the best Mountain views in the Colorado Springs area.
I have several “go-to” spots in Garden of the Gods! My favorite involves a half mile uphill hike. It is a bit of a workout but it’s absolutely worth it for those stunning mountain views. If you are pregnant, have little ones, or the weather is calling for thunderstorms I also know a great spot that is close to parking. I am always on the hunt for new spots in Garden of the Gods. The park is enormous and one of my favorite places to hike.
4 Reasons I love this Location
- The epic mountain views: Garden of the Gods has some of the best mountain views in all of Colorado Springs!
- The variety the red rock features add to a final gallery: I love the variety the red rock features add. They make the perfect spot to cuddle up or lean against.
- The wide selection of areas in the park to choose from: Garden of the Gods is a huge park and there are tons of great spots to choose from.
- The privacy this location offers: Because the park is so large it is easy to find a spot that offers some privacy, which I love especially for couples sessions!
Tips for a successful Photo Session at Garden of the Gods
1. Wear comfortable shoes that will allow you to climb around on the red rocks! Also consider wearing hiking shoes or sneakers for the half mile hike and then changing into your photos shoes/
2. Watch your step! Garden of the Gods is known for having Rattlesnakes. While I’ve never seen one at a photo session it’s always a possibility. Don’t worry we’ll be staying on the trail and rocks, where there is good visibility. It really is not a safe place to be walking through long grass.
3. Wear colors that compliment the red rocks, that includes lots of neutrals. I love both white and black at Garden of the Gods. You can also add a pop of color! My favorite colors for that bold color pop are mustard yellow or any shade of red from maroon to rust.
How to Book your Garden of the Gods Photo Session
If you are ready to book your photo session you can do so easily through my online booking calendar. Please contact me if you don’t find a date that works or if you have any questions prior to booking your session.
You can read about other great photo locations in the Colorado Springs area here.
Below are other blog posts featuring Photo Sessions at Garden of the Gods:
Couple Photos at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs
Family Photos at Garden of the Gods
Pregnancy Announcement | Colorado Springs Photographer
Maternity Photographer Colorado Springs | Photos at Garden of the Gods
Colorado Springs Family Photographer | Mommy and Me Photos
Sibling Photos at Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods Maternity Photos | Kellie & Martin
Colorado Springs Maternity Photos
Alysia Loerch is a Colorado Springs photographer specializing in family, maternity and couple photography.