As a family photographer, capturing the special bond between a mother and her child is one of my favorite things to do. If you have an upcoming session with me this post will help you prepare for what to expect at you session. My photo sessions are relaxed and child led. However, I also use lots of prompts because giving my clients something to do puts them at ease. There are so many prompts that can be used to capture sweet mom and baby photos but here are some of my personal favorites:
Prompts for Mom and Baby Photos:
- Mom standing and swaying while holding baby facing her. This pose is simple but beautiful. It captures the natural movement of a mother soothing and swaying her baby. It’s also classic pose that never goes out of style, and it works well with babies of all ages.
2. Mom holding baby in her arms and dipping towards the camera. This is a great way to create a dynamic and playful image. It captures the joy and playfulness of a mother and child. This prompt also works well for babies of all ages and captures adorable facial expressions.
3. Mom airplane the baby towards the camera. This prompt is a fun and creative way to capture the energy and excitement between mom and baby. It works well with older babies who are able to hold their heads up and look towards the camera.
4. Mom raising baby in the air. This pose is a classic, as it captures the joy and excitement of a mother lifting her baby up high. It works well with babies and toddlers but can be quite the arm workout with bigger kids.
5. Mom holding both of babies hands and having them walk towards the camera. I love how these images capture the protective love of a mother. It captures the sweetest moments of mom joyfully looking down at her baby.
Prompts that Work for Older Children Too
6. Mom getting down at the child’s level. This pose is a great way to capture the interaction between a mother and her toddler. It is perfect for capturing tender and sweet moments between the two.
7. Mom sitting down with her child’s head in her lap. This pose is perfect for capturing the tenderness and love between a mother and her child. By having the toddler’s head in her lap, the mother can comfort and soothe her child while also creating a beautiful image. This pose is also great for capturing details like the mother stroking her child’s hair or cheek.
8. Mom wrapping her arms around her child from behind. I love to capture details with this one, like the child’s hands on top of their mothers. This prompt can also be playful. Mom can sneak up and hug her child which results in lots of giggles and happy photos.
In conclusion, these are just a few of my favorite prompts for capturing the special bond between a mother and her child. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the moment, as these images will be treasured for years to come.
Book your Family Photo Session
In addition to family photos we will capture beautiful mom and child photos, that are full of love and connection. You can book your photo session online through my online booking calendar.
Check out the following blog posts to view more of my family photography work:
Garden of the Gods Photography Session | Featuring Family Photos
A Magical Photo Session at Garden of the Gods
A Beautiful Colorado Springs Mountain Photo Session | Featuring Family Photos
Alysia Loerch is a Colorado Springs photographer specializing in adventurous family photos.